WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Your name and address
Your contact number and email address
Emails and texts between us
Referral information (from Insurance Companies/EAP’s or any other external referral)
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
We will only collect information directly from you. We do not collect data in any other way.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED AND PROCESSED
After initial contact to provide you with the best service for you, your information could be used for the following purposes:
· To identify you when you contact us
· To contact you to make, confirm, cancel or reschedule appointments
· To respond to queries or complaints that you may raise
· If we have a legal obligation to use or disclose information about you, for instance, where ordered by a court or regulatory authority
· For clinical supervision where a first name would be used.
· For any other purpose which you agree
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS STORED & WHO HAS ACCESS TO IT
Your information will never be disclosed to any third party for their own purposes.
It is a requirement that psychotherapy and counselling professionals keep written records of sessions. All records are anonymised and kept securely in a locked cabinet or on a password protected computer, no personal details are kept with these records.
Any text messages are kept on a password protected phone. Any emails are kept on a password protected computer.
WHY THIS INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
Your personal details are kept as part of record keeping to identify the best service available for your individual needs. We also need to comply with the requirements of our Professional Body and Insurance Company.
HOW LONG IS THIS INFORMATION KEPT
Your data is kept for the duration of our work together. When our work has finished all data will be destroyed or deleted. Session notes will be kept for 7 years as per the requirements of insurance.
WHAT YOUR RIGHTS ARE
We want to ensure that you are aware of your rights about the data and information we hold about you.
You have the right to:
· be told how your personal information is used
· request a copy of the information that is held about you
· update or amend any incorrect information about you
· change your communication preferences at any time
· to have your records erased (if there are legal issues around this we may have to decline this request on the lawful basis of legitimate interests)
· request that your personal information can be transferred to a third party
· raise any concern or complaint about the way in which your information is being used.